This out-of-band secure gateway will allow you access to your server over the private network. Common uses are:
- Upload/download files to your server without using public bandwidth
- Connect to your server private IP address 10.x.x.x for SSH or RDC
- Connect to your IPMI card for remote console/access/monitoring
- Transfer files and information securely through VPN tunnel over the web
- Mount drive in Windows or Red Hat from home/work PC for convenience
- Shut down public interface on database servers and manage over the private network.
- Shut down public interface while setting up the server for the first time.
- Shut down public interface during critical security updates.
- Shut down public interface during security breach and resolve the issue over the private network.