Standard Image Templates allow for the replication of various configuration options for Virtual Servers. At any point during the life of a Virtual Server, a Standard Image may be taken of the device and used to quickly replicate portions of its configuration in another Virtual Server. Standard Images may be taken of any Virtual Server, regardless of its operating system, but may only be used to create another Virtual Server. To create a Bare Metal Server from a Virtual Server, a Flex Image must be created. Follow the steps below to create a Standard Image of a Virtual Server.
Create a Standard Image
- Access the Customer Portal using your unique credentials.
- Select Device List from the Devices drop down menu.
- Click on the desired Virtual Server.
- Select Create Image Template from the Actions drop down list.
- Enter the new name for the Standard Image in the Image Name field.
- Enter any necessary notes for the image in the Note field.
- Select the Agree check box when all information has been entered.
- Click the Create Template button to create the Standard Image Template.
What Happens Next
After the Standard Image Template has been created, additional Virtual Servers may be created using the template that will mimic the template's configurations.