Every account allows one or more users to interact with the products and services associated with the account. Users may be added or deleted at any time. Follow the steps below to add an account.
Add a User
- Access the Customer Portal using your unique credentials.
- Select Users from the Account menu.
- Click the Add User link.
- Complete each field in the Personal Info section. Refer to the table below for more information.
Field Entry Status Access status for the new user Username Username to be used when accessing the Customer Portal First Name User's first name Last Name User's last name Email Address User's preferred email address for Customer Portal communication and notifications Time Zone User's preferred time zone, usually based on the user's primary location Phone, Alt Phone User's preferred phone number for contact, if desired Street Address Preferred street address for user
Note: Click the Use Default Company Information check box to populate the company's address in this section.
City City associated with the street address Country Country associated with the street address State/Province State or Province associated with the street address, if applicable ZIP/Postal Code ZIP or Postal Code associated with the street address
- Complete each field in the Log In Settings section. Refer to the table below for more information.
Field Entry User Editable? Edit settings for the user Restrict Access to IP IP Address for restricted access, if applicable Expire Password In:
Increment of time when the password will expire Require Security Questions? Security question requirement, if applicable Portal Password, Confirm Password
User's initial password for accessing the Customer Portal VPN Password, Confirm Password User's initial password for accessing SoftLayer's Private Network via VPN
Note: Click the User Portal Password for VPN check box to sync the Customer Portal and VPN passwords.
- Click the Add User button to add the user. Click the Cancel button to cancel the action.
- Click the Permissions icon, indicated by a user figure with a lock.
- Update the User Permissions on all tabs for the new user.
Note: Select an option from the Quick Permissions drop down list to view recommended permission sets for three types of users. Click the Set Permissions button to select the recommended permissions set, or customize the user's accessibility by selecting individual options on each tab available.
- Click the Add Portal Permissions button to add the permissions. Click the Reset Permissions button to reset permissions for the user. Click the Cancel button to cancel the action.
- Click the Device Access icon, indicated by three servers.
- Click the Device check box for each device the user may access.
- Click the Update Device Access button when all desired devices have been selected. Click the Cancel button to cancel the action.