Provisioning scripts allow users to specify a URL to a script which will be executed on a newly provisioned device. Users have the ability to add provisioning scripts on their account from the Provisioning Scripts screen within the Customer Portal. Provisioning scripts added to an account must be accessed from a fully-qualified HTTP or HTTPS URL. Follow the steps below to add a provisioning script to a Customer Portal account.
Add a Provisioning Script
- Access the Provisioning Scripts screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the Provisioning Scripts Screen.
- Click the Add Provisioning Script link at the top of the screen.
- Enter an identifying name for the provisioning script in the Name field.
- Enter the fully-qualified domain name associated with the script in the URL field.
- Click the Add button to add the provisioning script to the account. Click the Cancel button to cancel the action.
What Happens Next
Provisioning scripts associated with an account may be modified or removed at any time. Provisioning scripts are saved in the Customer Portal until they are removed and may be associated to any new device ordered through the Customer Portal. If the script is associated with an HTTP URL, it will be downloaded to the new device during provisioning; scripts associated with HTTPS URLs are downloaded and, when applicable, executed on the new device.