After a Load Balancer has been added, a new Service Group may be added to the Load Balancer at any time. Service groups are available in a variety of Group Types and offer a wide array of single or hybrid Balancing Methods. When adding a new Service Group, it is important to ensure that the sum of all groups' Connection Allocations equals 100%. Follow the steps below to add a new Service Group to a Load Balancer.
Add a Service Group
- Access the Details screen for the desired Load Balancer in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access a Load Balancer's Details Screen.
- Under the actions dropdown click the Add Group option.
Note: A new service group section will be added to the bottom of the page.
- Select the desired Group Type from the Group Type drop down list.
- Select the desired Balancing Method from the Balancing Method drop down list. Refer to the Balancing Methods FAQ for more information on each option.
- Enter the Port Number that will be used for the service group in the Port Number field. Refer to the Eligible Services FAQ for more information.
Note: Each Service Group must be assigned to a unique port. If a unique port is not assigned, an error will appear at the top of the screen and the Service Group may not be added until a unique Virtual Porta is assigned.
- Enter any applicable notes in the Notes text box, if desired.
- Click the Add button to add the new Service Group. Click Cancel to cancel the action.
What Happens Next
After adding a Service Group, it may be deleted or edited at any time. Additionally, connections may be reset to the Service Group and new services may be added to the group. It is important to note that Service Groups come unconfigured by default. For a Service Group to being balancing the load based on its assigned Connection Allocations, one or more services must be added to the Service Group.