SSH keys may be added to an account by an authorized user at any time. Each account may have up to 100 SSH keys at any time. Within the Customer Portal, SSH keys are most often used in the OS reload process and may also be used when provisioning a new device. Prior to completing this procedure, generate the public SSH key from the desired device. Follow the steps below to add an SSH key.
Add an SSH Key
- Access the SSH Keys screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the SSH Keys Screen.
- Click the Add tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the Browse button to locate the public key file or enter it manually in the Key Contents text box.
- Enter a short name for the SSH Key in the Label field.
- Enter any applicable notes in the Notes field, if desired.
- Click the Add button to add the SSH key. Click the Cancel button to cancel the action.
What Happens Next
After adding the SSH key, it will appear in the list of SSH keys. At any time, the label or notes may be edited or the SSH key may be removed from the list. We recommend removing obsolete SSH keys as soon as possible to ensure space is available should additional keys need to be added.