Billing items may be canceled directly from the Billing Items screen at any time. Cancellations for most services and solutions may be initiated immediately, with cancellation taking place either immediately or on the billing anniversary.
Note: Data stored on any device, service or solution that is canceled cannot be retrieved after cancellation. Back up all data that should be saved before completing the cancellation request.
Follow the steps below to cancel a billing item.
Cancel a Billing Item
- Back up all data for the service or solution, if desired.
- Access the Billing Items screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the Billing Items Screen.
- Select Cancel Billing Items from the Actions drop down list for the desired billing item.
- Select the desired cancellation option radio button to specify the cancellation date.
Note: Immediate cancellations are processed upon submitting the request, with no refunds issued. Anniversary date cancellations are initiated immediately; however, the billing item remains active until the next anniversary date, which is provided when making the selection.
- Enter the reason for cancellation in the Notes text box.
- Click the Continue button to proceed to the next screen in the cancellation process. Click the Close button to exit the screen without canceling the billing item.
- Review the Terms of Service provided in the cancellation warning and click the Acknowledgement check box.
- Click the Cancel Service button to cancel the billing item. Click the Close button to exit the screen without canceling the billing item.
What Happens Next
After confirming the cancellation, the billing item cancellation process will begin. If an immediate cancellation was requested, the billing item will be canceled immediately. If a billing anniversary cancellation was requested, the billing item will remain active until the next billing anniversary. Upon its cancellation, the billing item will no longer be active within the Customer Portal. Billing items will also be removed from invoices when all outstanding balances have been paid on the service or solution, if any. For questions about a bill for a cancelled device, create a ticket and select Accounting Request as the ticket subject. Refunds cannot be given for immediate cancellations.