Any device on the SoftLayer network may be canceled at any time. Cancellations may occur immediately or at the billing anniversary date, based on your business need. Upon confirming the cancellation of your device, the action cannot be undone. Refunds cannot be given for immediate cancellations. Follow the steps below to cancel a device.
Cancel a Device
- Access the Device List. Refer to Access the Device List.
- Click the Actions drop down list for the device.
- Select Cancel Device. A cancellation screen will appear to complete the request.
- Determine if the cancellation should be immediate or on the billing anniversary date.
- Click the Continue button.
- Review the device information for the cancellation to ensure all information is accurate.
- Click the Final Confirmation button to complete the cancellation. Click the Abort button to keep the device active.
What Happens Next
After confirming the cancellation, the device cancellation process will begin. If an immediate cancellation was requested, the device will be canceled immediately. If a billing anniversary cancellation was requested, the device will remain active until the next billing anniversary. Upon its cancellation, the device will no longer appear in the Device List on the Customer Portal. Billing items will also be removed from invoices when all outstanding balances have been paid on the device, if any. For questions about a bill for a cancelled device, please open a ticket and select Accounting Request as the ticket subject. Refunds cannot be given for immediate cancellations.