VLANs that have been provisioned due to customer request, as opposed to being provisioned in association with a new device, may be canceled at any time. For a VLAN to be canceled, no subnets may be associated with it; otherwise, an error will be issued and further instruction will be provided for necessary steps that must be taken in order to cancel the VLAN. Please note, if a VLAN was provisioned with a device, the ability to cancel the VLAN will not exist. The cancel feature is only available for VLANs provisioned independent of a device. Follow the steps below to cancel a VLAN.
Cancel a VLAN
- Access the VLANs screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the VLANs Screen.
- Click the Cancel icon for the desired VLAN.
- Select the appropriate Cancel radio box based on how the VLAN should be canceled.
Note: Specific information on cancellation options is displays next to each radio button.
- Enter notes regarding the cancellation in the Notes text box.
- Click the Continue button to proceed to the confirmation pop-up box. Click the Cancel button to cancel the action.
- Review the Terms of Service accessible on the screen and click the Acknowledgement check box.
- Click the Cancel VLAN button to confirm the cancellation. Click the Close button to cancel the action and keep the VLAN active.
What Happens Next
After submitting a cancellation request, the VLAN will be canceled according to the selection made (immediate or on the billing anniversary date). If the VLAN is canceled immediately, the VLAN will quickly be reclaimed. If cancellation on the billing anniversary date is selected, the VLAN will remain active until the billing anniversary date.