Here are the steps needed to configure your server for use with Softlayer's E-mail Delivery Service as a SmartHost. The examples below are for standard Windows 2008 or 2012 server with MailEnable or IIS configured as your SMTP service.
- Open the MailEnableAdmin application.
- Expand the Servers tab in the left hand navigation pane. Click localhost > System > Right click on SMTP
- Once you are in the SMTP Properties box click on the Smart Host tab.
- Check the box next to Smart Host Enabled.
- Under IP/Domain type: smtp.sendgrid.net. In the Port field type: 587.
- Check the box that says 'The remote server requires authentication'
- Enter your SendGrid username and password and click Apply.
- Go to Windows Services and restart MailEnable