The Image Templates screen in the Customer Portal allows users to export an Image Template to an Object Storage account. The image export process takes a preexisting, private Standard Image Template and coverts the image into an Image File that is stored in a specified location on an Object Storage account. The export process is currently not available on Flex Images. Follow the steps below to export an Image Template.
Export an Image
- Access the Image Templates screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the Image Templates Screen.
- Locate the desire Image Template in the list. If an Image Template of the desired configuration has not yet been made, refer to Create a Standard Image.
- Select Export Image from the Actions drop down list for the desired Image Template.
- Enter the desired File Name for the image in the File Name field.
- Select the desired Object Storage Account from the Account drop down list.
- Select the desired Object Storage Cluster from the Cluster drop down list.
- Select the desired Object Storage Container from the Container drop down list.
- Click the Export Image button to export the image to the specified location in the Object Storage Account. Click the Close button to cancel the action.
What Happens Next
After exporting an image, the image will remain in the list of Image Templates, but will also be available as a file in the Object Storage location specified during the export process. Refer to View and Edit Object Storage File Details for more information on viewing a file exported to an Object Storage Account. Because each image is a different size and has different characteristics, the export process may take several minutes before it is complete. Our average export speed is 2GB/minute. If several minutes lapse and the image is still not available on the Object Storage Account, please contact Support.