One-time payments may be made in two places in the Customer Portal: using the Pay Balance feature located on the Invoices screen or through direct navigation to the Make a Payment tool. One-time payments are made using either a PayPal account or major credit card and can be made for either a full or partial balance. One-time payment details are not recorded for future use and do not modify current monthly payment methods for the account. To modify the current payment on an account, refer to Add a Payment Method. This procedure outlines steps to make a one-time payment from the Make a Payment tool. If making a payment from the Invoices screen, begin the procedure at Step 3. Follow the steps below to make a one-time payment.
Make a One-Time Payment
- Access the Customer Portal using your unique credentials.
- Select Account > Make a Payment from the Navigation Bar.
- Enter the desired payment amount in the Payment Amount field.
- Determine if payment is being made using a PayPal account or a credit card.
If payment is being made using... Then... A PayPal account
- Click the PayPal button and follow the prompts from PayPal to complete payment.
- No further action is required.
A credit card Proceed to the next step.
- Enter the Card Number, Expiration and Security Code in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the billing information in the appropriate fields in the Credit Card Billing Address section.
- Click the Pay with Credit Card button to initiate the payment.
What Happens Next
After initiating the payment, the payment will be processed accordingly. If issues arise with the payment, follow the prompts from either SoftLayer or PayPal until resolved. After the payment has been accepted, it will be applied and the Current Balance will be updated. If additional assistance is needed, please Create a Ticket.