Each device associated with an account has two network ports that receive incoming traffic – one for public network traffic and one for private network traffic. These ports may be enabled or disabled at any time to control the network traffic that a device receives. Follow the steps below update the port
control settings for a device.
Manage a Device's Port Control
- Access the Device List and select the device to update. Refer to Access the Device List.
- Click the Actions drop down list for the device.
- Select Port Control.
- Update the Public Network and/or Private Network drop down boxes by completing one of the following actions:
- Select desired speed to enable network access.
- Select Disconnected to disable network access.
- Click the Update button.
- Click the Close button to close the window.
What Happens Next
If Disabled has been selected, network access for the disabled port will cease for the device interface. If Enabled is selected, network access will be available for the enabled port. Port control will remain in the selected setting until manually changed.