At this time the Array SSL VPN client has not been fully implemented on Windows 10 so I am going to show you how to set up PPTP in Windows 10.
1. Launch the Settings application from the start menu and click on Network and Internet.
2. On the left side of the Network and Internet panel click on VPN and on the subsequent page click on Add a VPN Connection.
3. On the following page you will set up your PPTP VPN connection. Here are the settings:
- VPN provider Windows (built-in)
- Connection you must give a name to this connection, for example SoftlayerPPTP.
- Server name or address type server name you want to connect. For example pptpvpn.dal01.softlayer.com
- VPN type choose Point to Point tunneling Protocol (PPTP)
- Type of sign-in info choose User name and password
- Then type your VPN username and Password
- Check all selected data once again and press 'Save'
4. Once you are back on the main VPN page click the new SoftlayerPPTP connection to get connected.
5. If you want to be able to use the internet while connected, you will also need to disable the remote gateway, which can be done through PowerShell.
- Open PowerShell by Right-clicking on it and selecting "Run As Administrator"
- Type in the following commands:
- Set-VpnConnection -Name "SoftlayerPPTP" -SplitTunneling $True