With recent updates to improve on the OS X environment, the ability to utilize the SoftLayer SSL VPN connection has resulted in errors in connection. There is a stand-alone client however that allows for these connections to be re-established once more. The download for this client is found via the following link: StandAlone Mac OS X Client. Once downloaded, you should be able to utilize the following instructions to get connected:
- Unzip files and locate the directory ArraySSLVPN
- Run installer install
- Installer should come back with Install Finish
- You may then run the application called ArraySSL VPN that has an A icon usually located in the Launchpad.
Note:You can move the application into your Applications folder to make it easier to find if you wish
- Click Profile and click create.
- Fill in Profile Name, Site Host, VPN Username, and VPN Password then click save.
- Double click on the profile and it should connect.
An example may be found with the following:
A couple of notes: You must enable 'Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere' under your System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General settings NOTE: 'site' may be either a domain name or IP address. If the tunnel isn't correctly directing traffic, you may need to manually add routes