All active issues with an account's local network can be viewed on the Local Network Status screen within the Customer Portal. The number of active issues for each device type (router, switch, and host) are displayed in the Active Network Issues section and can be viewed in detail using the Activity Monitor. Follow the steps below to view and interact with active local network issues in the Activity Monitor.
View and Interact with Active Local Network Issues
- Access the Local Network Status screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the Local Network Status Screen.
- Click the number of issues for the desired device type in the Active Network Issues section. The Activity Monitor will appear at the top of the screen.
- Interact with the notification in one of the following ways:
Desired Interaction Required Step Remove the issue Click the Remove link. View the device Click the Device link.
What Happens Next
Next steps are dependent upon the final interaction taken on the issue:
- If the issue was removed, it will be removed from the Activity Monitor immediately and will remain removed from the Monitor the entire time the Local Network Status screen is being viewed. If the device is down when the screen is accessed in the future, the issue will be displayed in the Activity Monitor again. Removing an issue from the Activity Monitor will not result in the issue being remedied. As soon as the device comes online, the issue will no longer appear in the Activity Monitor.
- If the device was accessed, the Device Details screen for the desired device will be displayed. Complete further interactions on the Device Details screen, as necessary.
Most issues with the local network can easily be remedied through a variety of troubleshooting techniques, including device reboots or launching Rescue Kernel for the device. If issues persist, please contact Support for additional assistance.