FTP credentials are required when using a third party FTP client when working with your SoftLayer CDN Account. Follow the steps below to view and update your FTP credentials.
View and Update Credentials
- Access the CDN screen. Refer to Access the CDN Screen.
- Click the Account ID for the desired CDN Account to access the account.
- Click the File Management tab.
- Determine if you would like to view the full FTP credentials or change the FTP password:
If you would like to... Then... View the full FTP credentials Click the Show Password button to display the password and view the full FTP credentials. Change the FTP password
- Click the Change Password button.
- Enter the new password in the New Password field.
- Enter the new password again in the Confirm New Password field.
- Click the Save button to save the new password. Click Cancel to cancel the action.
What Happens Next
Upon updating the FTP credentials, they will be stored in the Customer Portal. At any time, the credentials may be updated again by repeating the steps above.