Domains running on the SoftLayer network may point to up to five (5) custom name servers at any time. Custom name servers may be added, deleted or changed by the user at any time. Follow the steps below to add, edit or deleted custom name servers for a domain.
Add, Edit or Delete Custom Name Servers
- Access the Domain Registration screen in the Customer Portal. Refer to Access the Domain Registration Screen.
- Click the desired Domain Name to expand the domain into its snapshot view.
- Select Unlocked from the Lock Domain
- Select the Add/Edit NS option in the Custom Name Servers section of the screen. A pop-up box will appear.
- Refer to the table below to complete the appropriate action based on the desired task:
Task Action Add a custom Name Server Enter the domain for the Name Server in the empty field. Delete a custom Name Server Delete the information from the field for the appropriate Name Server. Edit a custom Name Server Edit the details in the corresponding field for the appropriate Name Server.
- Click the Associate button to save the changes. Click Cancel to cancel the action.
What Happens Next
After updating the customer Name Server details, they will appear under the Custom Name Servers section of the domain. The details may be updated at any time.