Prior to creating a duplicate device based on a Flex Image, the image must be created. Flex Images may be created from both physical and virtual devices that run on the following operating systems:
- CentOS 5 & 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 & 6
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Follow the steps below to create a Flex Image of your device.
Create a Flex Image
- Access the Device List. Refer to Access the Device List.
- Select Create Flex Image from the Actions drop down list next to the machine from which you are creating the Flex Image.
- Enter the name for the new Flex Image in the Image Name field.
- Enter any necessary notes for the image in the Note field.
- Click the check box next to the Agree verbiage when all information has been verified.
- Click the Create Template button to create the image template.
*NOTE: Linux devices require a SSH session to be made. In order to create the session the current root password and listening port needs to be listed in the portal.