"Riak is an open source, highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed database. Different than traditional relational databases and other "NoSQL" non-relational databases - Riak offers a number of unique benefits to users:
- Riak is built to operate in highly distributed environments, such as the cloud.
- Riak is master-less; it has no single point of failure.
- Riak is highly fault-tolerant due to its distributed nature. This means you can lose access to many Riak nodes, but never lose data.
- Riak makes data highly available for use in read and write-intensive web applications.
- Riak scales simply and intelligently, simply add a node to a cluster, with no downtime.
- Riak is incredibly stable; many see Riak as the "building blocks" of a cloud data infrastructure.
- Riak's elegantly simple design makes for a lower cost of operations."
We are proud to offer Riak in both the standard Riak and Riak Enterprise versions.
If you would like to learn more about Riak through product overviews and technical and support documentation, we recommend visiting the following links on Basho's website: